|Accompanied by a fresh tossed salad!|
- 1/2 pound jumbo shells, cooked according to box (make sure to rinse them thoroughly to avoid sticking together)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T milled flaxseed
- 15 oz carton ricotta cheese
- handful of chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped, fresh spinach
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 jar pasta sauce, or use homemade if you have it!
- 2 T pureed carrot
- Brown the beef and drain grease thoroughly. Place beef back into skillet and add onion and garlic, saute until onion is translucent.
- Add flaxseed, parsley and spinach to skillet and stir until incorporated. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the meat mixture is cooling, beat the egg into the ricotta cheese.
- Combine meat mixture and ricotta mixture, set aside.
- Mix the carrot puree into the pasta sauce and spread a little in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Stuff your cooked shells with your meat mixture and place in the pan.
- Top shells with remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. If you like your cheese to be a little browned you can take the cover off for the last 5 minutes.
- When you serve the shells, top them with a little extra sauce from the pan and a little sprinkle of chopped parsley. Enjoy!!
Post a Comment