I saw this idea on Pinterest. I searched and searched the internet trying to figure out who the original idea could be attributed to. Every link that I found went a photo but nothing had any credit to so and so on it. Who every original posted the idea ... thank you! My kids loved it!
There were no clear cut instructions, just an idea ... so we just figured it out on our own.
What You'll Need:
- Shaving Foam (it needs to be foam, not gel)
- Liquid Food Coloring
- Tooth picks
- Pie Plates or other shallow dishes
- Eggs (of course)
How WE Dyed Our Eggs:
- I used pie plates to dye our eggs. Squirt a small layer of foam in the bottom of your dish. Make sure that you do not use a lot of foam ... more foam allows for less of the dye to contact the egg shell. (Learned that on the first one that we did)
- Drop liquid food coloring onto the top of the foam in several places. We used coordinating colors such as Blue and Green, Purple and Blue, Yellow and Red ... we even did a rainbow one in which we lightly swirled so that it would get all of the colors on it!
- Using a tooth pick, swirl the dye around just enough to distribute the dye. Do not mix too much or it will loose the swirl effect and just be a solid color.
- Roll the eggs around in the foam and then set to the side on a paper towel.
- Allow to sit for several minutes, then gently wipe away the foam with paper towels. Quickly run under cold water to rinse all of the foam away.
Some people claimed that the shaving foam "flavored" their eggs. We did not have this problem, but you can use whipped cream in place of the shaving foam.
***NOTE - If anyone is able to lead me to the original post with this idea ... please let me know so that I can attribute the idea to them!