A friend of mine gave me her lentil soup recipe years ago and I keep losing it! I'm not sure how that keeps happening. I decided to just make up my own!
Yield: about 4 servings
Gather Your Ingredients
- 4 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 T butter
- 1 c. (total) diced celery and carrots
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. lentils, sorted and washed
- Generous handful of fresh, torn spinach
- 1 T fresh, chopped parsley
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium low heat. Add carrots, celery and onion. Saute until they begin to get tender.
- Add garlic and saute for a few minutes then add the tomato.
- Pour lentils and stock into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes, or until your lentils are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spinach and parsley. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow greens to wilt and incorporate.
Post a Comment