Remember, this is a short-cut version.
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (the regular size box not the big one)
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 4 squares semi-sweet Baker's chocolate
- approximately 2 T heavy cream
- Start by baking your yellow cake according to the package directions for 2 - 8" round cakes. One box divided evenly between the two 8" pans. Allow them to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl whisk the vanilla pudding mix with milk for 2 minutes. Cover and let sit in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Spread pudding in a thick, even layer across one of the cakes. Place the second cake on top and clean up any pudding the smushes out.
- Place chocolate and cream in a microwavable dish and heat on high for 20 to 30 seconds (depending on how fast your microwave cooks). Stir and heat for another 15 seconds if needed to completely melt the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate in the center of the cake and allow it to spread across the cake. You can help it along with the back of your spoon if you need to.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.