This marinade was inspired by a Mongolian Beef Crock-Pot Recipe that a friend shared with me. My family loved the recipe so much! With the recipe below I marinated 4 ribeye steaks. Of course, you could use a different cut of meat or you could multiply the recipe for more steaks.
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 4 Ribeye steaks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 2 T fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 good sized cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 3 scallions, sliced (use the entire scallion)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place steaks in a large zip top baggie or a dish. Make sure they are in a single layer. Pour marinade over the steaks and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or as long as over night.
- Let meat sit at room temp for about 5 to 10 minutes before cooking it. Scrape the scallions and garlic pieces off of the meat before cooking so that they do not burn and leave a bitter taste.
- Now, this is where the window for interpretation is yanked wide open. If you have a favorite method for cooking your steaks, you can by all means do it that way. This is the method that I used: Spread hot coals (hot but with the flames dies down) into an even layer in your grill. Place steaks directly over the coals. I was going for a medium-well doneness, so we cooked them for approximately 8 minutes per side. Cooking time will vary depending on how done you want your steaks and how hot your coals are, watch them closely.
- I topped our steaks with grilled onions, which took them through the roof! Slice onion approximately 1/4 inch thick slices, sprinkle with seasoned salt and drizzle with oil. Place in a single layer in the veggie grill basket, and place over the coals for about 3 to 5 minutes per side or until they just start to get caramelized.
Post a Comment