With a mid-west winter chilling me to the bone, I have been craving the comfort of chicken and dumplings. I wanted to make a small batch, quickly for lunch. (My husband's diet that he's on doesn't allow this meal) I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty this recipe was! This made about 2 to 3 servings.
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded (great way to use up leftovers, or you can use the canned kind)
- 1 1/2 cups diced veggies (I used carrots, onions and celery. You could add garlic and peas or another favorite)
- 1 T chopped parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 canned biscuits cut into 1/2 inch pieces (use the rest of the can for breakfast or a side later)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Simmer your veggies in the chicken broth, covered, for about 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Stir in the chicken and soup, bring up to a boil.
- Add parsley and biscuits. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until biscuits are cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.