I found a quick version of Alfredo in my BHG cookbook. Just a few tweaks to make it my way.
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 2 cooked chicken breasts or about 1+ pounds of cooked chicken, cubed or sliced
- 1/2 pound Fettuccine
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 T butter
- 3/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 T fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Before you begin, set the cream and butter out to allow it to come to room temp. Cook the chicken in your desired method ... I oven roasted mine at 400 for about 20 minutes or so (until fully cooked). Just a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of S&P.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- While pasta is still very hot, toss all other ingredients in the pot with it.
Yes, it really is that simple and yes it tastes yummy! If you like your pasta a bit more on the saucy side ... add more butter, cream and parmesan.