|Yes, I realize the photo is sideways. For some reason blogger keeps rotating it when I upload it. Not sure why or how to fix it!|
After reading SEVERAL recipes for roasted chick-peas ... my head was spinning! So many flavors and so many different baking instructions! I decided that since I like taco seasoning a lot .. I would go with that. Baking though, hmmm. I have found everywhere from 300 degree for over an hour to 45 for the 20-30 minutes that I used. I have not tried a low and slow technique yet, but the high temp that I used made chick-peas that were crunchy on the outside and smooth and nutty on the inside. Experiment ... that's my motto!
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 1 can chick peas (garbonzo beans)
- 1 T grapeseed oil
- 2t chili powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/4 t paprika
- tiny sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- Drain and rinse the chick peas. Spread out on a couple of layers of paper towels and pat dry. Pick out any hulls that you see. Make sure to dry thoroughly.
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl and coat the chick peas.
- Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast at 450 for about 20 to 30 minutes (depending on your oven). Toss them around every so often to ensure that they cook evenly.