|I am trying to make the switch to whole grain tortillas, but my family is just not quiet ready for them yet.|
- 1lb ground meat; beef, chicken, turkey (I used beef)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T milled flaxseed
- 1 T carrot puree
- 2/3 c water
- 1/4 c Mom's Taco Seasoning (homemade)
- 1 pkg tortillas, preferable whole grain ... my family just won't eat them yet
- Your favorite taco toppings, we like; mixture of green leaf lettuce and spinach, tomatoes, shredded cheese, black olives, avocado (I didn't have any this night), beans (I puree pinto beans with a little cumin and garlic powder), sour cream (try Daisy...only 1 ingredient or try plain or Greek yogurt) and Salsa (a great condiment for lots of things!)
- Brown your meat and drain any grease thoroughly.
- Place meat back into pan and add the onions and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add water, seasoning, flaxseed and carrot puree. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Well, you know how to assemble a taco ... Go For It!!