Eggs are a very nutritious food!
- Rich in vitamin B choline which helps your body produce healthy nerves and cells and can reduce chronic inflammation.
- They are packed with protein which is essential for good health. Protein builds muscles, boosts your immune system and makes healthy hair and nails.
- Some studies have shown that eggs can actually help increase weight loss when dieting.
- They are jam packed with lutein and zeaxanthin which protects your eyes from sun damage and those free-radicals that we discussed previously.
- Can help keep cholesterol levels in a healthy range.
- Some studies have shown that the choline in eggs can even help prevent breast cancer.
My favorite is a hard boiled egg sprinkled with just a touch of salt and pepper. Maybe it's just me, but I have seen A LOT of people who can not make a well cooked, hard boiled egg. The egg should not be runny at all, that is soft boiled. The yolk should not have that weird, greenish tinge, that means it's overcooked. The shell should be easy to peel away. The membrane should peel away with the shell with out taking chunks of the white with it. I am here to help!
- Start by placing your eggs in a pot and cover them with cold water.
- When your water comes to a rapid boil, cover the pot and remove it from the heat.
- Let the eggs sit for 20 minutes. Do not remove the lid! The residual heat of the water will gently cook the eggs to perfection!
- After 20 minutes, drain away the hot water. Watch out for steam ... it can burn you!
- Next,shake the eggs around in the pot to get the shells cracked and cover with cold water. Let sit for a few minutes and peel!