- 3 to 4 lb. beef roast (any variety)
- 1/2 cup homemade onion soup mix (recipe to follow)
- 1/4 ground flaxseed
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup baby carrots or carrots cut into larger size chunks
- 2 stalks celery, large dice
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and cover with water, enough to barely cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- If you want gravy you can place the cooking liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then stir in a small amount of cornstarch slurry (water with a little corn starch stirred in). Reduce heat and simmer until desired thickness.
Combine the following ingredients in an air tight container.
- 2/3 dry onions
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. sugar
- 1 t. dry garlic or garlic powder
- 1 t. dried parsley