- Add some chopped, FRESH parsley! Use Italian flat-leaf if you want a strong parsley flavor or use curly if you want mild. This will really perk up the flavor of the sauce.
- Add some fresh, chopped spinach! Packed full of nutrition and it looks like parsley to the kids! If you don't like the taste of spinach, I promise you will not taste it!
- Stir in a few tablespoons of carrot puree! I love adding carrot puree to any of my red sauces. It blends in nicely!
- Sprinkle in a little milled flaxseed. Since the sauce is dark, it is not noticeable but gives you a punch of heart healthy omega-3's and fiber!
- Try whole grain or whole wheat pasta! You will probably have to "wean" your family onto these ... the difference is slightly noticeable with whole grain and very noticeable with whole wheat. If you want to give it a shot, try mixing it half regular pasta and half whole grain.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Spruced Up Spaghetti
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment