With this recipe I was trying to copy cat the broccoli salad that I get from the Wal-Mart deli. Let me be honest ... I like this recipe even better!
So, when I was making it I didn't measure anything, I was just going by what it looked like. That makes it hard to write a recipe! I can approximate amounts that I used, and it is very easy to adjust this recipe.
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli (fresh, not frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage (I used the pre-bagged mix)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coleslaw dressing (I used Kraft, but you could also make the recipe below
- salt and pepper to taste
One step!! Toss it all together and let it chill for an hour. You can easily adjust amounts on this, especially the amount of dressing. Some people like it lightly dressed, and others like it swimming in dressing. I would suggest that you add it a little at a time while you toss the salad.
Make Your Own Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 T white vinegar
- 1 to 3 t sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)