Gather Your Ingredients:
- 12oz package of whole cranberries
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange
- 1/2 a cinnamon stick (if you don't have this, use about 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- First sort out your cranberries, checking for any bad ones, and wash them.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. For the orange, cut it in halve and squeeze the juice into the pan and then toss in the rest of it. The peel has so much flavor that you do not want to miss!
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. I like to place a splatter screen over my pot. When the cranberries pop, they can splatter out.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or so, until you are confident that all of the berries have popped.
- Allow sauce to cool completely then fish out the orange halves and cinnamon stick.
- Chill for a few hours before serving.