So here it is! The amazing recipe that I mentioned on Facebook! I gave it a test run and it turned out YUMMY! I was inspired by these "Self-Frosting Cupcakes" and this "Basic Muffin Recipe". I took both recipes and combined them into my own creation!
- 3/4 c unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 milk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 c AP flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 c fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate, small bowl whisk butter, eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Gently combine the wet and dry ingredients, being careful not to over-mix. Fold in strawberries.
- Spray muffin tin or insert paper liners. Fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Spoon a generous dollop of Nutella onto the top of each muffin. Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the Nutella into the batter, it will have a marbled look.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or 10 minutes for mini muffins. Oven baking times will vary. Muffins will be lightly golden when done.