I will admit, I am not a huge fan of French Toast ... unless it's stuffed with deliciousness! There are various "filling" options, but I'll share with you my favorite and you can let your imagination go from there.
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 10 slices of your favorite french toast making bread (I just use my whole wheat bread)
- 10 slices of shaved black forest ham OR about 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- cooking oil to keep your griddle or skillet oiled
- your favorite french toast toppings (butter, syrup, powdered sugar, fruit preserves)
- Warm a lightly oiled skillet on about medium-high heat.
- Spread a thin, even layer of cream cheese on one side of each slice of bread.
- Build the "sandwiches" by placing two slices of ham or a layer of strawberries between two slice of bread (cream cheese side facing in).
- In a shallow bowl beat together eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each "sandwich" in the egg mixture and then place in the skillet. Cook on each side until they are nice and golden. Mine took about 3 minutes per side. Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on your stove and cookware. Re-oil skillet as needed.
- While still hot, add your favorite toppings!
Post a Comment