This is one of those recipes that you get from a friend who got it from a friend and so on ... My mom made it for dessert at a family dinner once and I wasn't sure if I wanted to try it because I'm not big on orange desserts. I usually only like oranges on their own. Once I tasted this dessert, I was hooked! I changed up the recipe a bit, though. I know, typical of me to change a recipe! I'm a rule breaker! Ha ha!
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 3 oz box orange jello
- 1 c boiling water
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 1 c mini marshmallows
- 1/2 c maraschino cherries
- 11 oz (or 1 cup) mandarin orange slices, drained and halved
- 20 oz (or 1 1/2 cup) crushed pineapple, drained
- Start by mixing the jello powder with the boiling water in a medium mixing bowl. Chill until it just begins to set up, mine took just under 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Stir up the jello to break it in to pieces then stir in all other ingredients.
- Serve chilled.