This recipe was originally inspired by this Mongolian Crock-Pot Beef recipe from Once a Month Mom. I have made it using her exact recipe and it's delicious. I learned a few years ago how easy it can be to change recipes to better fit the tastes of my family. For example, we do not really care for ginger ... so I took that element out. We do, however, love garlic so I increased the amount used. I also wanted to reduce some of the soy sauce and increase the veggies. Here is the way I made this delicious recipe:
Gather Your Ingredients
- 1lb beef stew meat
- 1/4 c corn starch
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/2 c water
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 c carrots, matchsticks or sliced on an angle
- 5 green onions, sliced on an angle
- Place veggies and brown sugar in your crock-pot. Pour soy sauce and water over them, stir to combine.
- Lightly coat the meat with corn starch and place on top of the veggie mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on a bed of brown rice.