You will need:
- 1lb cooked pasta, any variety you like, al dente (use whole grain or whole wheat)
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (make your own pasta sauce with this simple recipe)
- 1lb ground beef, browned (use ground chicken or turkey)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (make this simple substitute from A Simple Frugal Life)
- 1/4 milk (use water if you prefer to leave out the milk or can't do dairy)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, approximately (you can omit the cheese if you like)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine milk (or water) with soup.
- Layer ingredients in a casserole dish or baking pan as follows; sauce, pasta, soup, cheese, pasta ... repeat. Or, if you prefer ... just mix it all together and dump it in.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, a few minutes more until melted and bubbly. (I prefer to add the cheese topping at the end so that it doesn't stick to my foil cover.)
- Serve with side of garlic bread and steamed veggies for a delicious meal!