2c AP Flour *unbleached
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
2 beaten eggs *locally raised without antibiotics or hormones
1 1/2 c mashed bananas (approx. 5)
1c *real sugar
1/2c cooking oil or melted butter *suggest butter or coconut oil
*1/2c mini chocolate chips
*1/4 cocoa powder
- Combine first 6 ingredients, make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, bananas, sugar and oil or butter. Add all at once to the dry ingredients and stir until just moist (batter will be lumpy).
- *Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- *In a separate bowl, combine 2c of batter with 1/4c cocoa powder.
- *Pour first batter into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan. Top with the chocolate batter and gently swirl with a knife or skewer. Be careful not to mix, just swirl.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. At the end of the cook time, you can cover the bread with foil to prevent over browning.
- *Mine actually took about an hour and a half and I covered it with foil for the last half hour.
- Allow pan to cool on wire rack before removing bread.
- *They suggest wrapping and letting it set overnight before slicing it, but we wanted ours warm so I waited until it was cool enough to handle it with bare hands :)