I made this project with my preschoolers at church for Valentine's Day. This is such a fun, easy and cheap activity that can be used in many different ways. In this example we did hearts, but there are endless possibilities.
Gather Your Materials:
- Coffee Filters
- Washable Markers
- Medicine Dropper
- Cup of Water
- Plastic Table Cloth
- Paper Towels
- Cut the coffee filter into your desired shape.
- Cover your work surface with a plastic table cloth or some type of NON-ABSORBENT material.
- Have the child(ren) decorate their filters with washable markers.
- Give them a small cup of water and a medicine dropper. They can now use the medicine dropper to drip water on their filters.
- Watch as the marker spreads with the water, creating a tye dye effect.
- Lay the filters on paper towels to dry.
This process is great for making butterfly wings too!
Post a Comment