- I noticed that I do not use near as much oil as I thought I did. That is great news! I had to go back and change my subscription settings.
- It adds no coconut flavor to my food. Actually, I do not get any of that dense, oilyness at all!
- My favorite uses: grilled cheese instead of butter; I pan fried some breaded fish (hubby caught it the same day ... I'll put up a recipe).
- My kids didn't seem to like their scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil. I can't eat eggs, so I'm not sure if the flavor was different or if it had more to do with the eggs.
- Haven't tried this just yet, but I was told to make popcorn in my WhirlyPop with coconut oil and it will be the best I've ever had.
- Coconut oil is barely solid at room temperature ... I cook at a lower temperature when using it.
- I have not used it an any baking yet.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Ok, I admit that I could not think of a great title for this post. I wanted to review my use of coconut oil over the past month. As you, hopefully, know my March commitment was to use coconut oil in place of canola. I found a great price on Amazon and got free shipping and a subscribe and save discount. I'm just going to make a bulleted list of my thoughts because they are not very cohesive when put together as an article.