Ingredients (play with them if you want, add things you like and omit things that you don't like!)
- 1lb. ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 2 cans of beans, drained (which ever you like best ... try pinto beans, dark red kidney beans or black beans)
- 1 can of diced or crushed tomatoes (I like petite diced tomatoes)
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1/4 c or one packet of taco seasoning
- 1 T butter
- Brown meat and drain.
- Place all ingredients except butter and garnishes in crock-pot and cook on low or 6 to 8 hours.
- Before serving, sample your chili. If the acidity from the tomatoes is too strong, add the tablespoon of butter to cut through it.
- Top with your favorite garnishes!
This recipe with serve approximately 6, depending on portion sizes.